We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our R&D team. You will be involved in the development of a next-generation Fast Data platform.
We are looking for a talented engineer with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment.
Skills and experience:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
• Excellent Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
• 5+ years of experience in software development.
• Good command of English (writing and speaking).
• Very hands-on with the capacity to manage the day-to-day development activities.
• Proven track record in driving small to medium sized projects to completion.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Skilled at focusing and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly self motivated and motivating.
• Experience in communicating with business teams to collect requirements.
• Passion for high quality code, easy maintenance, reliability and software stability.
• Battle-proven Spark knowledge.
• Experience with Kafka.
• Experience with Cassandra.
• Knowledge of data pipelines management.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with AWS and GCP cloud services.
What we offer
A competitive package and share options.
An exciting role in a start-up where you will find an agile setting with very low barriers to getting things done.
A chance to be at the start of something big.
We are a small team, we are engineers, we are a data driven company. Be one of the personalities that make the Comfiz culture awesome. Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build very cool software.
Please send your resume and contact information at jobs [at] comfiz [dot] com.
The position is located in Toronto or can be assigned to a remote worker according to our WFA (work from anywhere) policy.